Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happenings...

It has been a while since my last post! The stupid math class I'm taking is just occupying all too much of my time. Here are some of the current happenings in my life!

Justin went on a fishing trip last week. He left on Wednesday and didn't plan to return until Saturday. I got a couple of books, caught up on homework, and spit shined my apartment. To my surprise, he called me Friday afternoon to tell me he was almost home. I was really surprised and asked him what had happened. Turns out he and the guy he was with caught 54 steelhead in 2 days! They met their limit and had no room in the truck for more fish! That is just unheard of. I am still astonished!!!

When Justin got back, we went to see "Hot Tub Time Machine." It was pretty funny, loved the outfits from the 1980's! The language was a little much for me, but for the most part, it was pretty hilarious. I think Chevy Chase was probably my favorite in the whole movie, even though his part is somewhat small. I've DONE IT! Well... almost! I am on my very last week of Couch to 5K. I did my 30 minute run on Thursday and I think it went pretty well. According to the treadmill, I'm just under a 5K though. I need to pick up my pace a little bit. But STILL! I am really proud of myself for sticking it out! The coolest thing happened to me while I was at the gym running! I was plugging along, just getting going with my workout. Some "skinny bitch" (you all totally know the kind I'm talking about!) got on the treadmill next to me and started jogging. Within a few minutes, it was apparent she just couldn't take it and had to quit! I out RAN the skinny bitch! Victory was MINE! Speaking of the gym, Mindy (my faithful workout partner) and I joined a local gym and I'm loving. it. Tanning, personal TVs attached to my treadmill, and all the weights a girl could ask for... I will be skinny and tan in no time!

This weekend we had my Grandma's 82nd birthday party at my Mom and Dad's house. It was fun helping my mom do all the cooking an prep for the suaree. All the family came over and we had a really fun time! Then, for Easter, Justin and I went to his family's house. We had a nice lunch with them and played outside with our dog, Lucy (cutest pup EVER! She has grown a lot since this picture, though). It was a good weekend!

I also finished "The Doctor's Wife." It was SO good! I really didn't know what to expect when I started reading it. It wasn't recommended to me by anyone (most of what I read is a recommendation), I just picked it up at Wal Mart, read the cover, and was intrigued. I have to say that the twisted relationship between all the characters involved really kept me turning the pages as quickly as I could. It is quite dark, but in a fascinating way. The story just kept me really enthralled! I would recommend it.

Today, I moved on to The Vampire Diaries. I am about 3 chapters in... and I think it's a little juvenile. So far, it has moved fairly quickly, though, and it is a light, easy read. Which is not altogether a bad transition after the dark and sinister "The Doctor's Wife." I'll report back on Vamp Diaries after I finish.

1 comment: