Friday, October 15, 2010

Mockingjay

O...M...G... I just finished the final book of the Hunger Games series, "Mockingjay."

If you have not read this book yet do not read on *SPOILER ALERT*

Mom, this means you. You are totally going to read this series whether you like it or not... so don't read on!

This book completely threw me for a loop. I thought I had it figured out before I even started reading it. A friend of mine, who is team Gale hated this book. I thought Gale would die in the war and Katniss would end up with Peeta. Boy was I wrong. I am 100% team Peeta, by the way.

I knew a lot of people would die, but the deaths in the book really surprised me. The first time I thought, "WHAT?! Are you kidding me?!" was near the end when Coin proposes that District 13 have their own Hunger Games with the children and grandchildren of prominent capitol members. And then I was really thrown when Katniss actually votes in favor of having the games. I was so disappointed in her! But that is what I love about the book, Katniss is the hero, but she's not perfect. That makes her really relatable.

Of course Katniss assasinating Coin instead of Snow was crazy. I was completely shocked but also a little disappointed too. She had been dreaming of killing Snow since the beginning of the series, and she didn't carry out her vendetta. But I thought that was still a really cool turn to the plot.

Overall, I am happy with the ending of the series. Gale is stupid and heartless! But I do love Peeta :)

Post your thoughts if you have read this book!

1 comment:

  1. I loved the series. I remember reading when Katniss turned the arrow towards Coin and I thought, "No... It couldn't be!" and then it actually happened. She released the arrow and killed Coin instead of Snow.

    I couldn't get over the description of Snow with the smell of blood on his breath. Every time I thought about it I just shuddered. I can't imagine what it would be like to smell that on someone's breath. Gross!

    ReplyDelete