Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Friday Night Sushi

On Friday night my friends and I went to the “What Today’s Women Want” conference after work. I think the conference concept was cool, but it wasn’t as good as I had hoped it to be. They had fun things like Scentsy, handmade soap, cooking things, and even knockoff purses. I almost bought a cute knockoff coach, but then I found out it was $85! REDIC! I could get a nice purse that isn’t a knockoff for that much money. I was suckered into buying this crazy sauce made by Shirley J called “universal sauce.” Supposedly you can make just about anything with it: sauces, soups, casseroles, etc. You can even use it as a substitute for canned soup in recipes. Who knew?! I haven’t tried it yet… I will have to report back on how that goes.

After that we decided to go out for sushi. Yes, sushi! I had never really had sushi before, so it was an adventure! I liked Mindy’s roll better than mine. Hers was spicy and I will for sure get that one next time! Mine had unagi (eel), crab, and avocado in it. It was pretty good. I had a hard time with the eel, though. There was a big long strip of it in the end of the roll and I just couldn’t make myself eat that piece. It felt too much like Fear Factor. But the rest of it was tasty!

This weekend I visited my mom and dad. My mom and I started some Christmas sewing projects. This weekend, Justin is going on a Steelhead fishing trip to Salmon. I will probably do some more sewing at my mom’s house. I figure I might as well knock some gifts out while I have the time. I am taking a 2 week break from school right now (HOORAY!). I plan on doing lots of crafting and reading. I am kind of a nerd, but it’s what I enjoy! It is also my birthday weekend! Wahoo! I don’t have any big plans, really. Just dinner with some friends and hanging out with family. I think Justin and I will do something on Monday, but I’m not sure what yet. I want to go get a pedicure or something, we’ll see. I just want a nice, relaxing weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. Kristin! Yah - I found your blog. Ok first, I freaking love that you love Glee, it's amazing. Your hair is gorgeous and I miss your face :) Oh and email me your address so I can invite you my blog..it's private :) tiffnjames@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete