Friday, December 31, 2010

So Long, 2010! It's been real!

1 . What did you do in 2010 that you've never done before?

Fly fishing, tied my first fly, went to Zumba classes, learned to sew, tried a low carb diet and succeeded!

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I honestly don’t remember making any resolutions… usually its something like “lose weight,” which I have!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Nope.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Thankfully, no.

5. What countries did you visit?

None

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

More vacations and camping trips!

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched in your memory and why?

The only thing that comes to mind is Erik and Alesha’s wedding. I will remember their anniversary for sure!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I passed all my classes with good grades (only 1 B all year! Even with 4 MATH classes!), got a promotion, and lost close to 30 lbs!

9. What was your biggest failure?

I don’t think I failed at anything.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

No! Justin and I had a great year! I was hardly sick at all and he was really only sick at the beginning of January.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

A Wii and a sewing machine.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

The Chilean miners, Betty White, Conan O’Brien, Elizabeth Smart, and Elizabeth Edwards.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Jesse James, Tiger Woods (along with most other male athletes… INCLUDING some in my home town), John Mayer (I ADORE him but really… he needs to get it together!), Kanye West.

14. Where did most of your money go?

School for Justin and I.

15. What did you get really, really, REALLY excited about?

I was really excited to plan a bridal shower for Alesha.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?

“Hey Soul Sister” by Train, “Heartbreak Warfare” by John Mayer, “Misery” by Maroon 5, numerous Lady Gaga songs.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

Happier? – Still happy.

Thinner? – Yes! Hooty Hoo!

Richer? – Nope.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

I wish we would have went on more trips.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Worrying.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

In Blackfoot, with our families.

21. How will you spend New Year's Eve?

At home. I’ll make a nice dinner for us and we will just chill on our couch, out of the cold!

22. Did you fall in love in 2010?

Still in love with my wonderful husband.

23. What was your favorite TV program?

Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, American Pickers, Storage Wars, The Office, 30 Rock, Conan, Glee.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

I don’t hate.

25. What was the best book you read in 2010?

The Hunger Games series and the Vampire Academy series.

26. What was your biggest musical discovery?

Lady Gaga, Glee, and Mumford and Sons.

27. What did you want and get?

A Wii. I also wanted to lose weight, and I did!

28. What did you want and NOT get?

An iPad.

29. What was your favorite film of the year?

The Proposal, Harry Potter, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Alice in Wonderland. I also loved Date Night and Despicable Me.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn?

I had dinner with friends (which was so fun and excellent) and went on a date with Justin. I also had birthday cake and ice cream at my mom’s, followed by a good old BHS football game with Jessi. It was perfect! I turned 24.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

A dream vacation to some remote island!

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

I wore a lot of cardigans this year… I especially like grandpa sweaters. I also implemented some skinny jeans!

33. What kept you sane?

My husband. Also reading books, my mom, and prayer.

34. What celebrity did you fancy the most?

John Mayer, Ryan Reynolds, Colin Firth, Hugh Jackman, Michael Cera.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?

Health care and the oil spill.

36. Who did you miss?

Probably Alesha.

37. Who was the best new person you met?

I don’t think I met too many new people this year!

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:

That is is important to look at the big picture. I also learned that I need more patience and faith… I can’t expect everything to happen at once.

39. Favorite play you saw:

No plays this year (sad!).

40. What is your goal for 2011?

Go on a vacation, continue with my diet, learn to play my guitar, and have more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment